Why Scottish IT managers need to move to SIP
When it comes to technology, it’s essential your business keeps moving with the times in order to remain in the game. And there’s one major technological development on the horizon that could be a real game-changer for your business – the switch to SIP trunks. With BT aiming to shut down the PSTN and ISDN network by 2025, and Vodafone switching off in just a matter of months, your business will need to move to IP-only lines, if you haven’t already. The clock is ticking so now is the time to make the switch. Read on as we count down our top five reasons why changing to SIP could be the best business decision you make this year…
- Avoid network failures: Many customers on the Vodafone network are receiving letters to advise that their ISDN connection is being switched off. This is a result of the high costs to maintain the technology that is nearly 20 years old.
- Save a significant amount of money: Enjoy a fixed (and significantly reduced!) cost as a result of switching to SIP and take advantage of the free calls to UK mobile, local and national numbers.
- Simplify your IT: Consolidate your separate analogue and TDM circuits over a SIP trunk for a more efficient use of your bandwidth.
- Benefit from unified communications and collaboration: With SIP trunks you can run voice, video and data across the same connection between offices and communications service providers.
- Scale up: SIP is a scalable solution so you can scale up bandwidth with ease.
And don’t just take our word for it – incovo has successfully switched a variety of businesses to SIP, all of which have reported seeing significant benefits already. Here are a just a few clients we’ve switched in the first quarter of this year:
The Answer Centre
The Answer Centre comprises a selection of prestigious serviced offices and operates a professional in-house telephone answering service in Edinburgh’s city centre. By switching to SIP, they are now on-course to save an estimated £33,000 over the next five years. Their costs are fixed and they are now able to increase the amount of voice channels with ease.
Cooper Bros is an independent, family business that is committed to providing their customers with a comprehensive tyre supply and fitting service. By way of future-proofing the business, incovo upgraded them to the Avaya IP Office on R11, new J169 handsets and Avaya call reporting that allows their contact centre side to be monitored in high detail. incovo also set up SIP trunks to save on costs, and to avoid any future disruption resulting from the impending ISDN switch off.
Customworks are the leading suppliers of UK-made bespoke and wholesale stationery, gift and tableware products to the heritage, museum and retail sectors. They are now enjoying all the benefits of switching to SIP thanks to incovo, who not only set up SIP trunks, but also installed Avaya IP office and a series of new J139 handsets. The system is effectively paying for itself thanks to the significant savings their already making.
Homework Diary Company
Homework Diary Company are the market leaders in bespoke educational print solutions, producing publications such as planners, exercise books and yearbooks for schools right across Scotland. When it came to the switch, they had no hesitation in turning to incovo who installed Avaya IP office, the new J139 handsets, and set up SIP trunks.
Switching to SIP is a major undertaking but one that the highly-trained experts at incovo can ensure is as smooth as possible. If you’d like to find out more about how it could benefit your business, call 0345 450 8400 or email [email protected]